February 26, 2010

Streeeeetching!

So, for the last two days I (Jason) have been attending classes at the university in a completely new way.  Instead of having tutoring classes with our teacher, Irina, I will be attending at least two classes every day, six days a week.  I have been grouped with about eight Chinese students and a Slovakian.  Everyone in this group has studied Russian for at least two years.  I have been extremely challenged these past few days and am wrestling with feelings of inadequacy and failure.  The professors use many words that I do not know and speak quickly without taking breaks for me to understand.  This change is good for my language learning, but it has been thus far extremely taxing on my mind and heart.

I have communicated with our teacher Irina my feelings and she said that if I really want to be bumped down to a lower level group she'll do it; however, she said that she thinks that I am capable of studying in the higher level group.  More importantly, I have asked the Lord to direct my heart on the issue.  I don't have a clear direction from Him as of yet, but He definitely hasn't provided a wide open door out of the path that I am currently on.

One of the reasons that I am grateful and excited for this change is that I have already begun building relationships with the other students in the group.  I am torn and stretched and exhausted, but I trust the Lord will guide us and provide the strength necessary to meet whatever comes.  I do sincerely ask for your prayers during this time.  I need the Lord's wisdom, and I sincerely need His strength to make it through this time.  THANK YOU!

2 comments:

The Ruths said...

Prayers for understanding while in the classroom, and rest while you're home!

Unknown said...

WOW I just got on here and read about the changes. Dude, my hat is off to you. May God bless your efforts.