Lately I have realized that I’ve never prayed for people so much as I have since we moved to Blagoveshchensk. It seems that not knowing the language is forcing me to pray when in the states I would have been able to do something.
The other day, on the way home from the market, I passed by a woman who was crying by the side of a van. I felt my heart hurting for whatever she was going through and I wanted to go over and ask her what was wrong. But, of course, I didn’t know how. All I could do was pray for her.
In the bus too, not being able to talk to anyone makes me more prone to pray for them. And I can usually look right at them while I'm praying because eye contact seems to be unacceptable here. Therefore, no one ever looks at me unless they are sure I won't notice.
And so I have found that I am learning the value of prayer. When it is possible for us to do something about a situation (in our own strength), we often forget to pray and lose sight of its importance. But, here and now, when it is the only option that I have, I am forced to remember the value of prayer.
No comments:
Post a Comment